The Self-Study option allows you to prepare to pass the PMP® Exam, where and when it’s convenient using comprehensive reading materials and interactive online tools, available 24/7. You have the freedom to structure your daily, weekly, or even monthly PMP® study goals around your busy or unpredictable schedule.
The Self-Study option may be your perfect fit if…
- You have a very busy and/or unpredictable schedule and therefore need a flexible study option.
- You prefer to study on your own, at your own pace.
- You are committed and self-motivated to stay on track to meet your goal.
- You are looking to save time and money by avoiding travel expenses and time away from work.
What’s included in the Self-Study course option?
COMPREHENSIVE READING MATERIALS
- Three printed books provide in-depth exploration of the 5 performance domains (Process Groups) from the PMP® Examination Content Outline, and are organized to follow the PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition.
- A glossary of key PMP terminology is included at the end of each chapter, with official PMI® definitions (utilizing the PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition glossary or PMI Lexicon of Project Management Terms Version 3.0).
- Progress check questions are included at the end of each chapter to help check your understanding and retention of topics.
Provide context and an overall framework for the 10 Knowledge Areas
– Chapter 1: Project Management Concepts
– Chapter 2: Project Management Framework
– Chapter 3: Project Management Skills
Teach the 10 Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition
– Chapter 4: Integration Management
– Chapter 5: Scope Management
– Chapter 6: Time Management
– Chapter 7: Cost Management
– Chapter 8: Quality Management
– Chapter 9: Human Resource Management
– Chapter 10: Communications Management
– Chapter 11: Risk Management
– Chapter 12: Procurement Management
– Chapter 13: Stakeholder Management
Finalize your PMP® exam preparation with exam tips and strategies and practice worksheets for final review
– Chapter 14: Exam Preparation and Review
INTERACTIVE ONLINE STUDY TOOLS
You will have 24/7 access to interactive online study tools for one full year.
Over 900 practice questions are included in the following online tools:
- Pre-test: Evaluate initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness and focus studies.
- Chapter Quizzes: Test comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Process Group Quizzes: Practice questions organized by PMP® Exam performance domains (Process Groups).
- Flashcards: Review important key terms and definitions.
- Post-test: Gauge knowledge gained and areas that require further study. Complete the post-test with a score of 80% or higher to earn a certificate of completion.
- Practice Exam: Build confidence with a test that emulates the software used at the PMP® computer-based exam testing center.
- Progress Reports: Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center: Access helpful test-taking tips, PMP® Exam resources, feedback links, and more.